It’s fall and fall means pumpkin everything! What is cozier than muffins, let alone pumpkin muffins? This version is topped with coarse sugar for a decorative touch, but they are just as wonderful plain or with a cream cheese frosting.
- 2 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. canola oil
- 2/3 c. water
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 3½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1½ t. cinnamon
- 1 t. nutmeg
- ½ t. cloves
- ½ t. ginger
- ½ c. coarse decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin pan with 12 regular-sized cupcake liners.
- Combine sugar, oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl and beat on low for 1 minute. Do not over mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger to a small bowl and stir to combine. Add dry mixture to pumpkin batter and beat on low just until all ingredients are moist.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter until they are ¾ full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each muffin with coarse decorating sugar and return to oven to finish baking another 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Total cooking time should be 25-30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before moving muffins to wire baking rack to cool completely.
Tip: Make sure you choose 100% pure pumpkin vs. pumpkin pie filling for this recipe because you are already adding sugar and spices to this recipe.